Saturday, August 15, 2009

Oath for Ophthalmology Community - By Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam




I Dr.S.Natarajan was proud to have this oath administered to me by Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam and i will endeavor to have this oath taken by each and every ophthalmologists in our country.

"Oath for Ophthalmology Community"

I, as an eye care professional realize by removing darkness and giving light to the patient is indeed God's mission.

Based on the experience and my core competence as a Doctor, I am capable of diagnosing the exact disease at right time.

I will not allow the patient to go through the diagnostics pain by making them to undergo all type of diagnostics tests for which is it is not needed.

I will treat at least 100 rural patients in a year by going to rural areas and arrange cataract operations.

I will encourage the development of quality indigenous equipments and consumables by making use of them and assisting in enhancing the quality and reliability of the products.


I will follow the motto "Let my brain remove the pain of the suffering humanity and bring smiles".


I will always give part of my time for treating patients who cannot afford. I will work for providing quality eye-care to all the needy citizens of India within the next 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment